Our now annual Spring Clean Day will take place this year on Thursday April 11th.
Last year was a great success in that we collected many bags full of litter.
However, we were shocked by just how much we found, that would otherwise still be ruining our beautiful countryside. Hopefully the lasting impact on our pupils will be to ensure they never litter themselves.
We would love to see anyone who would like to help out on the day - former pupils, parents, grandparents or other members of the community.
Different classes will go at different times and to different areas within the immediate vicinity of the school.
We are currently awaiting our Spring Clean packs from An Taisce.
A new Board of Management was formed and the following are the officers for the 2023-27 Board term.
Fr. Mark O Farrell, Chairman (Bishops Nominee)
Fergus Cooper, Secretary
Damain Finn, Treasurer (Parish Nominee)
Margaret Power (Parish Nominee)
Emma Power (Teacher’s Nominee)
Katie Dunphy (Parent’s Nominee)
Paul Murphy (Parent’s Nominee)
Paul Doyle (Bishops Nominee)
- A Sub-Committee will be set up with the purpose of school promotion. Paul Murphy will chair this committee and it will also comprise of a teacher’s representative and one or two parents from the Parent’s Council
- Interviews are to be conducted for the BASC Leader’s position. This is the second round of interviews, and it is hoped this time to find a suitable candidate. The job had been advertised for 2 weeks prior to the Board meeting and there have been a number of applications.
- The school via the Government Schools Photovoltaic Programme (SPP) have collected 3 quotations for the installation of Solar Panels in the school. The Board awaits a response from the Department of Education on the successful contractor. The aim is to have these panels in place and active by the end of the Summer holidays.
- The school are continuing with their work on a school library in the spare room of the school. Lots of books have been gathered and donations received. Many thanks to those who have brought in books. At present, the school are trying to source cheap and durable display furniture.
- The school’s Accident Policy 2024 was reviewed and updated by the Board.
Dunhill N.S. Yearly P.E. Timetable
September – Games (4 weeks)
October – Outdoor Activities / Games
November – Dance or Gymnastics
December - Dance or Gymnastics
January – Swimming
February – Swimming
March – Athletics
April – Athletics
May – Outdoor and Adventure / Games
June – Games (6 weeks incl May)
The Board of Management of Dunhill N.S met on Wednesday, November 29th.
This was the last meeting of the current Board.
A big thanks to all 8 members who have met regularly over the 4 year term of the
Board (2019 – 2023)
Some of our pupils took part in the Library Summer Stars reading initiative
and received their certificates here at school last week.
Well done to all the mighty readers!
Thursday August 31st saw the arrival of some new members of our school community!
The new Junior Infants all had a great first day and settled in well straight away.
Check out our Downloads Section for the new 2023/24 Calendar for this academic year.
All closings are listed.
Board of Management Agreed Report 30/06/2023
The Administration of Medicines Policy
On Thursday June 1st the Junior and Senior Infants travelled along with their teacher Mrs Flynn and Ms McGovern to Ardmore Open Farm for their tour. A wonderful day was had by all, the sun shone and big smiles were in evidence all day long!
News and Information
Our Maths Language Booklet is available in the Downloads sections - especially helpful at Homework time!